What’s in my carry on?
Wanting to Czech out (get it??) Prague anytime soon? Well, here is my top 10 things I recommend for you to do while exploring this beautiful city!
1. Explore the colorful Old Town Square during the day or at sunset (my favorite!). This square is filled with so much history and beauty you won’t want to leave it
2. Be THAT tourist that takes a tour in one of the vintage open air cars. You learn so much about the city that you wouldn’t have had the chance to if you were on a tour. Plus on a cold day they give you blankets to snuggle up in
3. Visit the beautifully ornate Prague Castle complex which sits at one of the highest peaks of Prague. Make sure to go into the Cathedral as well
4. While you’re at the Castle, take in the expansive views of Prague below
5. Explore Josefov, the Jewish quarter
6. Eat everything!! They have amazing food in Prague, but my favorite food was at the food stalls in the Old Town Square
7. Go see the astronomical clock in the Old Town Square. This medieval astronomical clock was built in 1410 and is the oldest working one in the world. During the day it can get a little hectic around it, so I opted to see it at night
8. Walk the famous pedestrian only Charles Bridge. During the day it’s filled with people, street vendors, and live street performers
9. Go to a jazz club! Prague has a long history of jazz and you’ll find it all over the city. One of my favorite moments of the trip was going to the Raduta Jazz Club and watching a late night show
10. Walk along one of the bridges to catch the sun set over this beautiful city, then pinch yourself because a place this beautiful exists